irregular activity‏

Dear Discover Cardmember costumer,

We detected irregular activity on your Discover Cardmember card. For your protection, you must verify your account before you can continue using your card.

Please use the link below to verify your account immediately:

http://www.chinapr.com.cn/www.discoverscard.html

We will review the activity on your account with you and upon verification, we will remove any restrictions placed on your account.



Sender IP: 173.163.233.141, registered to Comcast in NJ
Actual sender IP: 213.115.51.164, from Scandinavia
From name: Discover Bank
From address: discover@email.discover.com
Why anyone would click on a clearly fraudulent non-Discover Bank email that obviously says "china" in the URL is beyond me, but someone probably did.

1 comment:

  1. I received a similar email from from what appeared to be Comcast which stated that my email information needed to be updated within 24Hrs or my account will be terminated. The email requsted my user name and password which seemed to fraudulent. After reading the email and I immediately contacted Comcast and was told that Comcast never emailed me with such an email and that it was infact a fraudulent email.

    ReplyDelete